This is the Cuke Archives page for what’s being featured each day.
Our other two Zen sites: shunryusuzuki.com - all the transcripts, audio, film, photo archive
and ZMBM.net - for Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind.
New 2021: Audiobook for Crooked Cucumber & Zen Is Right Now: More Teaching Stories and Anecdotes of Shunryu Suzuki
Youtube Cuke Archives - Posts from here also appear on Facebook Cuke Archives
Core Books by and about Shunryu Suzuki -- People Index -- DC home -- DC Books
Cuke Podcasts - Instagram Cuke Archives - - Donate
For personal, environment, music, etc, go to Cuke nonZense Blog and cuke-annex
Search cuke blog 
Search Cuke.com

Monday, July 10, 2017

Kobun Chino met and introduced - Los Altos, June 22nd, 1967

I am so grateful to introduce to you Kobun Chino, sensei. He was appointed to Zen Center to be a teacher of you. I hadn’t met him before. I was told about him but yesterday I met him for the first time and I felt as if we were old friends. I was so happy to see him.  

Kobun Chino's statement: Kobun Chino said: To all members of this Haiku Zendo. I received now introduce about me from Suzuki Roshi. Thank you very much. I am Kobun Chino. I came from Japan last 19th (of June) morning. I am very younger than. I must study the true way of human being myself and with you. Please help me and please good health for me for development of this Haiku Zendo and widely all of this member of Zen Center and its branches. Thank you very much. ------------------------------------------------------------------- Excerpt from Shunryu Suzuki lecture 67-06-22-A as found on shunryusuzuki.com. Edited by DC - Many Shunryu Suzuki lecture excerpts on cuke.com - from there links to much more. Going slowly through Suzuki transcripts featuring whatever is next that seems okay, not just the super cool ones,

Kobun Chino cuke page