This is the Cuke Archives page for what’s being featured each day.
Our other two Zen sites: shunryusuzuki.com - all the transcripts, audio, film, photo archive
and ZMBM.net - for Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind.
New 2021: Audiobook for Crooked Cucumber & Zen Is Right Now: More Teaching Stories and Anecdotes of Shunryu Suzuki
Youtube Cuke Archives - Posts from here also appear on Facebook Cuke Archives
Core Books by and about Shunryu Suzuki -- People Index -- DC home -- DC Books
Cuke Podcasts - Instagram Cuke Archives - - Donate
For personal, environment, music, etc, go to Cuke nonZense Blog and cuke-annex
Search cuke blog 
Search Cuke.com

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

a DC dream about Bill Lane

I had this dream last night where I'd come upon one of Norman Fischer's sittings or meetings that was just getting over and I didn't see Norman, just a lot of old SFZC students walking out in pairs. He has a lot of old SFZC students but I'm not sure which ones and so the cast of characters, though real figures in my past, were not at all necessarily students of his in waking life (or as Ramana Maharshi called it, Dream One). Peter Rudnick was near the end of the line and we hung out some and Bill Lane was walking next to someone - I can't remember who. It might have been Peter Van der Sterre or maybe Michael Wenger. I mentioned to whomever I said this to, "Oh it's nice to see Bill Lane here,"and he said, "Bill Lane's not here. He died." I said, "Yes I know, but he's here and was walking right next to you."

Bill Lane interview