This is the Cuke Archives page for what’s being featured each day.
Our other two Zen sites: shunryusuzuki.com - all the transcripts, audio, film, photo archive
and ZMBM.net - for Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind.
New 2021: Audiobook for Crooked Cucumber & Zen Is Right Now: More Teaching Stories and Anecdotes of Shunryu Suzuki
Youtube Cuke Archives - Posts from here also appear on Facebook Cuke Archives
Core Books by and about Shunryu Suzuki -- People Index -- DC home -- DC Books
Cuke Podcasts - Instagram Cuke Archives - - Donate
For personal, environment, music, etc, go to Cuke nonZense Blog and cuke-annex
Search cuke blog 
Search Cuke.com

Friday, March 27, 2020

Mountain Gate Study Center curriculum


Jay Gilbert just wrote: I saw your blogspot about Ananda. I wondered if you can put out a call to see if anyone has a copy of the old Mountain Gate Study Center curriculum. Remember when we has a framework for Study Center classes? Abidharma, Koans: Blue Cliff/Mumonkan, Emptiness. I don't remember the specific categories, but then one class of each category would be offered either at City Center or at GGF each "semester". I rather remember there were 6 categories, but it was so much more comprehensive than any online courses I am seeing, or the current SFZC offerings. Ananda designed it, and I am grateful for getting such a comprehensive grounding in the teachings of the Buddha.

DC - I'm putting out the word looking for it. Thanks Jay. He says he looked for it when he was shuso but that he couldn't find a copy of it anywhere.



Photo from SFZC 1973 Wind Bell article on the new Zen Buddhist Study Center.

I should get all references to Ananda from the Wind Bells and put it on his cuke page, but I found this using cuke's Wind Bell search set up by Peter Ford.