This is the Cuke Archives page for what’s being featured each day.
Our other two Zen sites: shunryusuzuki.com - all the transcripts, audio, film, photo archive
and ZMBM.net - for Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind.
New 2021: Audiobook for Crooked Cucumber & Zen Is Right Now: More Teaching Stories and Anecdotes of Shunryu Suzuki
Youtube Cuke Archives - Posts from here also appear on Facebook Cuke Archives
Core Books by and about Shunryu Suzuki -- People Index -- DC home -- DC Books
Cuke Podcasts - Instagram Cuke Archives - - Donate
For personal, environment, music, etc, go to Cuke nonZense Blog and cuke-annex
Search cuke blog 
Search Cuke.com

Friday, July 16, 2021

My Amazon dot com review

 


Of Zen Is Right Now - cuke page for it


And here's the review I put on Amazon.com

Since I put this book together from the Cuke Archives, not only does my opinion not matter, but I don't really have one. I'm too close. But like with our children we love them no matter how good or bad they are so naturally I gave it five stars. Not that many people have seen the book yet because it just came out two days ago, but it's interesting the comparisons to its predecessor, Zen Is Right Here. Spirituality and Practice gave that original one an award for that year and wrote in their review, "Zen Is Right Now is perhaps even better.." There's an Amazon review that has the opposite opinion saying they liked the first one but not ZIRN which scrapped the bottom of the barrel. That's really insightful - recognizing the depth of the teachings therein - and because the bottom is where Suzuki and I both reside and that's where I scrape up all the accounts of him and quotes. I invite you to join us there and see what you think.