This is the Cuke Archives page for what’s being featured each day.
Our other two Zen sites: shunryusuzuki.com - all the transcripts, audio, film, photo archive
and ZMBM.net - for Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind.
New 2021: Audiobook for Crooked Cucumber & Zen Is Right Now: More Teaching Stories and Anecdotes of Shunryu Suzuki
Youtube Cuke Archives - Posts from here also appear on Facebook Cuke Archives
Core Books by and about Shunryu Suzuki -- People Index -- DC home -- DC Books
Cuke Podcasts - Instagram Cuke Archives - - Donate
For personal, environment, music, etc, go to Cuke nonZense Blog and cuke-annex
Search cuke blog 
Search Cuke.com

Thursday, September 7, 2023

A Profile of your's truly, DC

Yesterday What's New featured A Profile of Daya Goldschlag in  Richard Bryan McDaniel's site. He's been collecting and posting Zen conversations and profiles for ten years now. 

Today is a profile of me, DC. He interviewed me recently then sent me a profile he came up with for me to edit. I also edited the interview. He said the interviews go up much later.

He asked for a photo of me to go with the profile but he chose one off the web from like 15 years ago. He was looking for one with me smiling and I guess that's as close as he could get. I protested so he used the one I chose which is a crop from a shot of Katrinka and me in a restaurant in Ubud last January. I do not like to smile for photos. Even when I try because people insist, it comes off weird - unless i was caught really smiling. 

DC cuke page