This is the Cuke Archives page for what’s being featured each day.
Our other two Zen sites: shunryusuzuki.com - all the transcripts, audio, film, photo archive
and ZMBM.net - for Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind.
New 2021: Audiobook for Crooked Cucumber & Zen Is Right Now: More Teaching Stories and Anecdotes of Shunryu Suzuki
Youtube Cuke Archives - Posts from here also appear on Facebook Cuke Archives
Core Books by and about Shunryu Suzuki -- People Index -- DC home -- DC Books
Cuke Podcasts - Instagram Cuke Archives - - Donate
For personal, environment, music, etc, go to Cuke nonZense Blog and cuke-annex
Search cuke blog 
Search Cuke.com

Monday, June 15, 2015

Spell Check from Alert Reader

Alert reader sends in corrections. Thus awarded the cuke Gold Star which consists of me writing this sentence. Here's our exchange:



On 6/14/2015 6:18 AM, ShepG. wrote:
Hi David,

I read on your blog about Blanche Hartman going into hospice and then clicked over to the interview on cuke.com (http://www.cuke.com/Cucumber%20Project/interviews/hartman%20b&l.html). I noticed a few small spelling errors.

Cheers,
 - Shep G.


'breaths'
counting my breathes

'tray'
an offering trey of food
I went out to get the offering trey
I lit a cigarette and was carrying the offering trey 

'bawl'
looked up at his face and I started to ball

'cache'
somebody had found a catch of pictures

DC Responded

Hi Shep.

Wow - thanks.

I didn't see your list at first and did a spell check and only found

now it's your're turn - to your urn

everyday - to every day


and then noticed your list below your signature - all four words that spell check wouldn't catch.

I wonder if I transcribed this or someone else. I can't spell - have to look the same words up over and over - but some of those errors look like typing super fast mistakes which would be Liz or Layla, both of whom know better but type at 90 or faster.

Now please continue with the rest of the website, over five thousand text files.

Thanks.

dc