This is the Cuke Archives page for what’s being featured each day.
Our other two Zen sites: shunryusuzuki.com - all the transcripts, audio, film, photo archive
and ZMBM.net - for Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind.
New 2021: Audiobook for Crooked Cucumber & Zen Is Right Now: More Teaching Stories and Anecdotes of Shunryu Suzuki
Youtube Cuke Archives - Posts from here also appear on Facebook Cuke Archives
Core Books by and about Shunryu Suzuki -- People Index -- DC home -- DC Books
Cuke Podcasts - Instagram Cuke Archives - - Donate
For personal, environment, music, etc, go to Cuke nonZense Blog and cuke-annex
Search cuke blog 
Search Cuke.com

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Groovin Reuven

Going through the Names page on cuke.com - looking for Tassajara stories - and spent a lot of time updating it, getting it in better order, making pages for more people as a hub to gather multiple links pertaining to them. The last one was Reuven Ben Yuhmin (AKA Roovane Ben Yuhmin Robert Front)who definitely needed a main cuke page. A great character he.
In doing so I discovered dead links to his Shutterfly photos of the Shunryu Suzuki 100th Birthday Bash and to his podcasts. I have an archival DVD he sent me before going into a Theravada monastery near Perth - maybe I've got the photos - in my archives back in the States.  I should try to get hold of him or one of his daughters to see what we can do. Maybe SFZC has them but most their archives are at UCB. Maybe someone else. I've learned to download material I link to if I don't want it to disappear - so it can disappear when the material on this sprawling cuke goes the way of all stuff.