This is the Cuke Archives page for what’s being featured each day.
Our other two Zen sites: shunryusuzuki.com - all the transcripts, audio, film, photo archive
and ZMBM.net - for Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind.
New 2021: Audiobook for Crooked Cucumber & Zen Is Right Now: More Teaching Stories and Anecdotes of Shunryu Suzuki
Youtube Cuke Archives - Posts from here also appear on Facebook Cuke Archives
Core Books by and about Shunryu Suzuki -- People Index -- DC home -- DC Books
Cuke Podcasts - Instagram Cuke Archives - - Donate
For personal, environment, music, etc, go to Cuke nonZense Blog and cuke-annex
Search cuke blog 
Search Cuke.com

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Leadership Statement from SFZC regarding Edward Brown's Situation

Leadership Statement Regarding Edward Brown from the SFZC Sangha News sent out today and shared on Facebook which I will also do.- Thanks ZC folks.
DC comment: The first paragraph of ZC leaderships' letter understandably misses a few initial steps in the sequence of events. First, Edward Brown sent out an email on the subject. He sent the supporting material to me - the letter of complaint, ZC's email to him, his final response (after calming down some) and the audio files for the talks. He said I could post whatever I wanted. I'm always involved in more than I can keep up with so I kept all the material in a folder to think about later and kept communicating with Edward stressing this wasn't permanent, that ZC and he will evolve. Then Lichen Brown posted a letter on Facebook. There were many responses to her post and many questions so I shared it and then posted the supporting material so people could judge for themselves. Ed wrote me that Lichen was surprised by the enormous response to her letter and asked if I'd add to the cuke page on this that "it was not her intention to hurt or harm anyone, nor is it mine."