This is the Cuke Archives page for what’s being featured each day.
Our other two Zen sites: shunryusuzuki.com - all the transcripts, audio, film, photo archive
and ZMBM.net - for Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind.
New 2021: Audiobook for Crooked Cucumber & Zen Is Right Now: More Teaching Stories and Anecdotes of Shunryu Suzuki
Youtube Cuke Archives - Posts from here also appear on Facebook Cuke Archives
Core Books by and about Shunryu Suzuki -- People Index -- DC home -- DC Books
Cuke Podcasts - Instagram Cuke Archives - - Donate
For personal, environment, music, etc, go to Cuke nonZense Blog and cuke-annex
Search cuke blog 
Search Cuke.com

Saturday, January 11, 2020

How to find things on Cuke dot com

I frequently get emails from people asking a question and wondering if it's on cuke.com but they are intimidated by the site which is so sprawling and don't know how to find it. Here's an answer I sent today from someone who wanted to read about Mel Weitsman. I wrote:


You can do what I would do to answer your question. This is how I usually look things up while I'm working and it's no different from what someone else in cyberland could do. I go to cuke.com online (not in my computer) and write a key word in the site search box on the home page up top. In this case I'd write "weitsman." Then I'd look at the list of links that come up. [sometimes the search fails or too much unuseful material can be displayed from the What's New Blog - in which case I click on "Search cuke.com Only." Or for a failed search I go to any page listed in the dropdown menu and use the site search box on all of them.

Another way to go to Mel's cuke page is to click on the People drop down tab on the menu up top. Then when it drops down, the top link is Names. I'd click on that and a list of about 500 names appears. Then I'd hit Ctrl F for PC or Cmnd F for Mac and write "weitsman" and it goes right away to his name which is a link to his main page.

The Site Search feature of Cuke was set up by the talented Peter Ford. Thanks Peter!