This is the Cuke Archives page for what’s being featured each day.
Our other two Zen sites: shunryusuzuki.com - all the transcripts, audio, film, photo archive
and ZMBM.net - for Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind.
New 2021: Audiobook for Crooked Cucumber & Zen Is Right Now: More Teaching Stories and Anecdotes of Shunryu Suzuki
Youtube Cuke Archives - Posts from here also appear on Facebook Cuke Archives
Core Books by and about Shunryu Suzuki -- People Index -- DC home -- DC Books
Cuke Podcasts - Instagram Cuke Archives - - Donate
For personal, environment, music, etc, go to Cuke nonZense Blog and cuke-annex
Search cuke blog 
Search Cuke.com

Monday, November 7, 2022

How to Search for something in Shunryu Suzuki lecture archive

Someone just wrote and asked me to look for a good quote in the Shunryu Suzuki lecture archive that dealt with today's political and social situation in the US. Obviously they thought this is something only I can access. Not so. I responded:

Anyone who can get online has the same ability as I do to search SR talks. I just go onto the Internet, go to shunryusuzuki.com, open the gate to the base page then click on the Lecture Search Form, and write in the Keywords or Filename box. Also at the base page there's a Google site search where you can search for two words near each other with "and" between them. There's even a third Mnemotrix search method.

I will be thinking about the sort of quote they're looking for but I think they'll know better than I do what they want. - dc